Friday, July 24, 2009

quiz from the receptionist

our very talented receptionist made this quiz up - it's a long one, but worth reading!

What does your office etiquette say about you? Take this quiz and find out!


1) When I am done using a common area, I like to:

a) Leave my garbage and personal belongings there because my momma works here.
b) Pick up after myself. As much I as would like fresh baked cookies on a daily basis, my momma does not work here.
c) Who has time to use a common area?


2) When I need a conference room, I like to:

a) Plan ahead by looking at the calendar and scheduling a room.
b) Yell SHOTGUN when Im in site of it.
c) I dont have to answer this because I never use a conference room.


3) When a meeting gets cancelled and I no longer need a conference room, I usually:

a) Leave it on the calendar. It makes me feel official.
b) Delete it! Someone else might want the room.
c) I dont have to answer this question either cause I dont ever use the conference rooms.



4) When I get here and when I leave, I like to:

a) Use the sign in sheet. How will Ed McMahon know where to find me when I win the Publishers Clearing House?
b) Not use the sign in sheet. I like to play hide & seek!
c) Sign in sheet? What sign in sheet?


5) When I need to order food for a meeting, I find it best to:

a) Let the receptionist know at least 1 day beforehand. Who likes vending machine food?
b) Wait until the last minute. Who doesnt like vending machine food?
c) Send out an APB for microwave popcorn.


6) After taking the last drop of coffee, I find it best to:

a) Drink right away - I like my coffee hot!
b) I dont have to answer this question either because I bought stock in Dunn Bros./Caribou/Starbucks.
c) Make more. It cant be any more difficult than being an engineering genius/architectural prodigy/interior designer extraordinaire!



7) The most satisfying part of using a dish/cup/glass/fork/knife/spoon/etc. is:

a) Washing it off. I know my momma doesnt work here. Plus, I like to see things come full circle!
b) Leave it in the sink. I think 3 day old clam chowda smells great.
c) Who has time to eat?


8) Sometimes I make a mess with spaghetti sauce/coffee grounds/bread crumbs/pizza grease/etc. When this happens I find it best to:

a) Leave it how it is it needs to breathe like a fine wine.
b) Wipe it up. No one wants to see my food guts all over the microwave/countertop/table.


9) If I take the last of something (such as: bond paper, paper cups, toilet paper, random office supplies, etc.), I:

a) Dont tell anybody. Theyll reappear like magic!
b) Tell the receptionist. Then theyll reappear like magic.

10)When I have a meeting, I like to:

a) Go MIA and keep people waiting.
b) Be in the building and ready for the meeting. I know keeping people waiting makes a bad impression.
c) I dont have to answer this one either I dont go to meetings!

11)On my birthday, I am sure to bring my fellow co-workers:

a) Fresh hot gormet coffee
b) Krispy Creme Donuts
c) Home made chocolate chip cookies
d) Any or all of the above

12) I think this test is:

a) Funny
b) Enlightening
c) Not directed at me personally
d) Written by someone who thinks it is a pleasure to know & work with everyone here
e) All of the above!

I picked all bold answers!

Rating: Four gold stars & brownie points!

Analysis: You are fine upstanding member of the community! You know that your behavior helps to create the environment around you, and you take an active role to create that environment. You have common sense and foresight and you know how to use it. You are a take charge kind of person full of self initiative. You are respectful of other peoples time and energy. You do your best to do your own part and not create more work for others. Those around you find you a joy to work with!

Recommendation: Keep up the good work!

I picked everything but the bold answers. (Although no one falls into this category, the test would not be complete without it).

Rating: One gold star.

Rating: You are a fly-by-seat-of-your-pants kind of person! You like to push the envelope and see what happens. You dont trouble yourself with the small things in life. You believe in supernatural things such as: ESP, telekinesis, money trees, and little helper fairies. Those around you find you amusing.

Recommendation: Time to start exercising - your office etiquette muscle is looking a bit flabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment